Genestra: HMF Forte Daily Probiotic (10-Billion CFU) (60cap)
Shipping calculated at checkout.
HMF Forte is a combination of four strains of proprietary human-sourced probiotics that help promote gastrointestinal health in adults and children.
Supplementation with large numbers of a combination of microorganisms will help maximize intestinal colonization, promoting the growth of beneficial bacteria
In a randomized, placebo-controlled trial involving 22 adults, daily supplementation with a probiotic containing Lactobacillus acidophilus (CUL-60 and CUL-21) stimulated the restoration of microflora after it was altered by antibiotics.2
Likewise, research also demonstrates that a probiotic supplement containing CUL-21 can significantly colonize the gut of healthy adults.3
Lactobacilli and Bifidobacteria are the most commonly used probiotics, and are safe for both adults and children.4
They successfully colonize the intestines, increase the release of antimicrobial peptides from host cells, and decrease the proliferation of pathogens.4
Probiotics also control the permeability of epithelial cells by mediating tight junction formation, and prevent pathogenic adherence to cells by increasing mucin release on the intestinal surface.4
1. Allen, SJ, Wareham, K, Bradley, C, Harris, W, Dhar, A, Brown, H, Foden, A, Cheung, WY, Gravenor, MB, Plummer, S, Phillips, CJ, Mack, D. BMC Infectious Diseases. 2012; 12: 108.
2. Madden, JAJ, Plummer, SF, Tang, J, Garaiova, I, Plummer, NT, Herbison, M, Hunter, JO, Shimada, T, Cheng, L, Shirakawa, T. International Immunopharmacology. 2005; 5: 1091-1097.
3. Mahenthiralingam, E, Marchbank, A, Drevinek, P, Garaiova, I, Plummer, S. BMC Microbiology. 2009; 9: 251.
4. Saulnier, N, Zocco, MA, Di Caro, S, Gasbarrini, G, Gasbarrini, A. Genes & Nutrition. 2006; 1(2): 107-116.
Adults and Children 6 Years and Older: Take one capsule two days daily with meals - at least two or three hours before or after taking antibiotics , as recommended by your health care practitioner.
Medicinal Ingredients: Provides 20 billion CFU per daily dose from:
- Lactobacillus acidophilus (CUL-60)
- Lactobacillus acidophilus (CUL-21)
- Bifidobacterium bifidum (CUL-20)
- Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis (CUL-34)
Non-Medicinal: Ingredients: Cellulose, Fructooligosaccharide (FOS), hypromellose, silica, magnesium stearate,
Genestra HMF probiotics (despite having keep refrigerateds on box) maintain a high degree of stability at 25C for up to 20 days. Please be advised that KIPOS.CA does not ship probiotics. Pre-Order & Curbside Pick-Up, Retail-Only Purchase.